i adapted my dark chocolate chip cookie recipe to make a white chocolate chunk cookie recipe this weekend. i’m not keen on macademia nuts so kept this simple & sweet but i do think a variation with pine nuts or hazelnuts would be terrific. don’t forget to sprinkle your baked cookies with a flaky sea salt at the end to cut the sweetness of the white chocolate. happy baking!
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
makes 12-14 large cookies
- 1-1/4 cup All-Purpose (AP) Flour (150g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup sugar (100g)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (100g)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (113g), room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups white baking chocolate, mix of chopped bar pieces and chips
- flaky sea salt for finishing
- preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. grease baking sheets.
- mix dry ingredients together: salt, all-purpose flour, and baking soda.
- cream butter and both sugars together, very well. for reference, i creamed mine with a hand mixer for 5 minutes. no lumps! add vanilla extract and egg and mix to a homogeneous state.
- fold dry ingredients into wet and mix just until last streaks of flour disappear. then fold white chocolate chunks in with a spatula, just until all chunks are incorporated.
- spoon large rounds of batter (1 overflowing tablespoon) onto baking sheet, leaving 3 inches of space between cookies. freeze baking sheet for 30 minutes. (if baking later or prepping ahead of time, feel free to arrange spoonfuls side-by-side and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.)
- bake cookies for 7 minutes, turn baking sheet around, and bake for 7 more minutes. (baking time will vary if cookies are smaller). finish each cookie with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and cool on a wire rack or immediately in the freezer for 5 minutes to stop baking.
Delicious!!! I am going to ask Kelly to Make them!! Love U
Sent from my iPhone